Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baby..Baby

It has been so crazy being pregnant. I know I'm pregnant (obviously) but I still find myself at times being shocked that my stomach is sticking out like someone who is pregnant. I'll walk by my mirror and be like whhhat and have to take a second look. But Doug has been super funny. Yesterday he said to me "holy cow your body has really changed in the last 2 weeks." And I'm so glad that I love when he tells me if I look good, bad, or goofy, because I just said "I know right!" haha.

When I was 16 weeks pregnant I was super lucky and got to feel the little baby move around. It was the craziest, weirdest feeling I have ever felt. The best way I could describe it was butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. I only felt him (not sure if the baby is actually a boy but I always use male pronouns though) every once and a while.

Nowadays I get to feel him all of the time. He likes to wake up at night time right around when I'm just about asleep. BUT ever since the first time I felt him I have been waiting for a hard enough kick where Doug could feel him too! Being the determined person I am, I would always call Doug over when he was moving a lot and he could never feel him. Tonight was different. I took my good friend Tiffany's advice. She suggested laying flat on my back when he started moving around so I did. I then rudely interrupted Doug's study time and called him over...and BAM! He kicked sooo hard! Well hard for a tiny little baby to kick. I was soo excited that Doug was able to finally feel him! Doug says he is kicking hard now because he's been toughening him up all this time. (Doug's definition of toughening up is him playfully punching me in the stomach and saying "he needs to be tougher."

Tomorrow is the big day! We get to find out if we are having a girl or boy!! I always refer to the baby as a boy, so we'll see if I'm right..or if I'm just crazy.

2 comments:

  1. If I keep reading your blog, I'm going to want to get pregnant ASAP lol. I'm so excited for you and Doug! And it's so neat that you're documenting all of this. It'll be fun for Baby Buhler to read one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlyn! You have a blog! You have a kicking baby inside of you! Ok well I am in Utah right now so let me know if there is a good time to come see you! And here is my blog you can follow if you want... not as exciting as someone with baby stories, but hey. I'm working on it! mjhopkinson.blogspot.com. Good luck finding out what you are having! Twins? ok I know you already know it is just one... I think. Ok this is too long now.

    ReplyDelete