Thursday, June 30, 2011

Preparations

I have been thinking a lot about preparing and what not, mainly preparing for our little girl, but also planning to build some credit in my own name. I have recently gotten a credit card in my name (I always just used Doug's). With applying for the credit card, they had to run my credit and I was pleasantly surprised. I have pretty good credit. I talked with my younger sister and she does too!! Both of us thought about it and came to the conclusion that we have the best Dad in the world. As soon as we could, he put our names on a credit card that was in his account so we could start building up our credit. I only remember purchasing gas with it, but because he paid it off every month we both have developed good credit! Thanks Dad for thinking about our futures!!

Today, my wonderful Mother-in-Law invited me to lunch and then a little shopping trip for the baby. We went to Chili's (always read Chee G's thanks to my brother Destin), and got ribs and fajitas. It was delicious! Then we headed over to Target to look at baby clothes. This was the first time that I have looked at clothes since I found out we were having a girl. Let me tell you, I am sooo excited to dress this little girl up! The only problem right now is all of the clothes are summery right now, and she won't be born until winter. We found two cute outfits and Kari was so kind and bought them for her :) (Don't know where to put a period there so I'm leaving it out)
Now back to the preparation. I have been thinking a lot about everything Doug and I need to get in order to be ready for our little girls arrival, and every time I think about it, I think of more stuff! I am, however, starting to figure out what I want for a stroller and stuff like that. I also have an idea of how I want her bedroom to look. I just hope I can do it pretty cheap. I figure though that if I take one step at a time, I'll get everything done that I need to get done. I mean let's be honest, its not like I'm super busy. Haha.

Doug has been the greatest! Last week he worked about 60 hours and then had midterms on top of that. And now it's the end of the month and that is when Flowserve gets very, very busy. Yesterday he worked until about 8, and then today he hasn't gotten home yet. He is thinking that they are going to get off between 1 and 2. He has been taking these long hours like a champ! He even says funny things in the morning like "sleep in extra long for me!" or "make sure you have some fun today!" He goes to work everyday and knows that I just stay at home, but he still says things to make me smile. I love him so much and I'm so grateful for everything he is doing for our family!!! Thank you Douglas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment