Monday, June 20, 2011

Updates

I have always told myself that when I have kids I would start a blog so that my family and friends that live across the country can see my cute little kids. Well I'm starting one early for 3 reasons - 1. I have a lot of time on my hands these days, 2. My first kid will be arriving in November, and 3. My sisters told me I should.

Teaching while Preggers
At the end of my first year of teaching (4th Grade at Canyon Crest Elementary) I found out that I was pregnant. No need to worry, and I know you were, it was definitely planned.

During my first trimester, I found myself being one of the luckiest pregnant ladies around. I got to be sick for 7 weeks while teaching my cute little 4th graders. I am only a little sarcastic about being lucky because yes, I was sick all day, but my 4th graders were so amazing! I would suck on hard candies, eat pretzels at my desk, and even sit on their desks while teaching and through all of this, not one of them complained or even said "Mrs. Buhler why do YOU get to eat candy and food."

Two weeks before school ended, I decided that it was time to tell my little kids why I was so sick. I set aside 15 minutes at the end of the day and boy was that a mistake. I should have set aside an hour. When I told them, they immediately started cheering and throwing their hands up for questions. They asked me everything from "How pregnant are you?" to "Is that why you eat pretzels all day?" Haha. They were so cute. I definitely miss seeing them everyday.

Housewife
Being unemployed (technically), and having a hard time finding a summer job being pregnant, I have found that I have a whole lot of time on my hands. Doug has loved this because I am an awesome housewife when I'm home all day. He gets a clean house, clean laundry, and even dinner on the table every night when he gets home from work.

Working Man
Doug, on the other hand, has found himself a whole lot busier in the last month. He has started (for the 3rd or 4th time) a full time job at Flowserve. This is an awesome opportunity for us because there is a lot of overtime and with a baby on the way, we need some money. He works long hours and has been taking 9 credits to finish up his schooling and he hasn't once complained about work or school. He has been amazing.

Pregnant
I am now 20 weeks pregnant! Half way there!! And I swear I get bigger daily. Doug has finally agreed with me. If you ask my family, they could tell you that I have been saying that I have been showing since 10 weeks. Which I look back on pictures now, and can see that I really wasn't. It wasn't until about 16 weeks where Doug finally said "Hey you can see a belly now!" I was excited that I was finally validated for feeling like I was showing. haha.

20 Weeks
Happy Father's Day
Happy Father's Day to all of the amazing fathers and fathers to be in my life!

Doug - Doug had a pretty amazing first father's day. We have been talking for a while about getting a shot gun, and Doug has been wanting one since he was about 12. So we decided that for a mother's day/father's day gift we would buy a shotgun. He wasted no time in getting to use his gun. We have been out shooting twice since we got it.


My Pops - My dad is the hardest person to buy presents for. I know what he likes to do, he just has everything that he enjoys doing. If he doesn't, he just goes and buys it. I have however discovered kindle gift cards. Best thing ever. Happy Father's Day dad!!

Doug's Dad - Doug's dad is a little easier only because he lives 10 minutes away. We took him shooting on our dime. We are just so generous. It was a lot of fun. Phil and Stacie came out with us too! We went through 200 rounds and almost 200 clay pigeons.

1 comment: